FEIconnect Online Community Rules and Etiquette
Thank you for being part of the FEIconnect online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
We understand that the world and our members are becoming more social and connecting online. As such, we encourage all to participate in our online community. FEI hosts several pages on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube along with FEIconnect, our private members-only social network. All of these networks are great tools to get the advice of your peers, learn from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. By participating on social platforms that are FEI branded, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions about these guidelines or the tools themselves, contact the FEIconnect team (FEIconnect@financialexecutives.org). However, questions about FEI should be directed to our Member Services Hotline at 877.359.1070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and productive dialogue, FEI reserves the right to delete posts or terminate accounts for members who violate these rules.
Community Participants may not:
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Please fully disclose any relation(s) you may have when recommending a product/service.
- Messages to the community, direct messages or emails sent using the member directory should not contain promotional material, special offers, event promotions, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. FEI reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating “noise.”
- Remember that FEI and other participants have the right to reproduce postings.
- Harvest e-mail addresses or other personal information from the Community. Its success relies upon our ability to maintain members’ privacy.
- Post event promotions.
- Use the Community to promote advocacy efforts that are not sanctioned by FEI or to gather information or data to support advocacy efforts without first obtaining our prior written authorization.
- Use the Community to communicate with potential participants in formal research of any kind, or to conduct market research, surveys, or academic studies without prior approval of FEI.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
Some general tips to help you maintain good etiquette when reproducing content.
- Be courteous. Please ask participants for permission to republish their words elsewhere (especially if elsewhere would be a publicly viewable setting).
- When citing FEIconnect discussions, please include a link back to the original discussion or to the FEIconnect homepage.
The Legal Stuff
These social media pages, accounts and sites are provided as a service of FEI. FEI is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on these sites by others. FEI disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by FEI or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall FEI be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. In addition, by posting material, you grant to FEI and the members of this community the nonexclusive, world-wide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implied leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. FEI does not actively monitor these sites for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to FEI's attention, FEI will take all appropriate action.
FEI reserves the right to block any users who do not abide by these guidelines.
Guidelines and Policies for Member Created Communities
FEIconnect is the best space to participate in-depth discussions and receive feedback and resources from other professional peers. It is encouraged to join and often easier, to illicit responses from communities that are thriving and have active participants.
With that being said, FEI does reserve the right to delete a community that is no longer active and all participants may be placed in a more active and vibrant community without prior notice based on the criteria below:
- No discussions since creation or within the last six months.
- If there have been no discussions and the library entry is at least six months old, then the library may be archived and the community will be deleted.
- If there has been low activity or minimal discussion (i.e., no feedback is received from members of the community).
- The discussions would be more beneficial in another community.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
FEI reserves the right to make changes to this policy at any time without notice.